Botanical Name : Vigna radiata (L.)R.Wilczek
Family Name : LEGUMINOSAE
Common Name : Mung bean , Tua-Kheaw (in Thai)
Part Used : Seed
Mung bean also known as green bean , Tua-Kheaw (in Thai). The beans are small, which is green with the husk, and yellow when dehusked. The bean is a rich source of protein, fiber, fatty acids, vitamin B1, vitamin B2, beta-carotene, folic acid, calcium, phosphor, irons and isoflavones. Because of mung beans also contain high in fiber, low in saturated fat, low in sodium, and contain no cholesterol. They are useful for immune system, metabolism, heart and other organs by protect against free radicals and diseases such as cancer and diabetes.
Active Ingredients of Mung Bean Extract
Properties & Application
The chemical structure of isoflavones is very similar to estrogen hormone, now there is curretly extracted isoflavones from mung bean for food and cosmetic product.
- Reduce certain symptoms of menopause like increased bone density and hot
flushes in women.
- Reduce the risk of some cancer diseases such as colon cancer.
- Reduces the blood cholesterol level as well as the risk of developing heart
- Natural antioxidants properties similar to vitamin E.
- Assist bone preservation and creation of new bones.